Our Mission and Vision
The Mission of the Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas is to enhance the quality of life for the tribe, its members and its community, while preserving its culture and retaining its right to self-governance by protecting tribal sovereignty and its assets.
The Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas envisions a sovereign tribal government with the ability and knowledge to be an effective advocate and leader that is responsive to the needs of Kickapoo tribal members as it relates to community and economic development and growth and the protection and use of its resources.
In order to carry out this vision, the Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas will:
- Be the driving force in community development.
- Develop human and other resources to provide growth in the community through planning, developing, and implementing projects.
- Maintain and manage tribal financial resources to meet tribal goals.
- Encourage the preservation of tribal culture.
- Honor and uphold the constitution of the Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas.
- The Kickapoo Tribe in Kansas’ ultimate responsibility is to its members and the community it serves.